Welcome to Social.coop's public wiki! This domain is where we keep general public information, guides and references to other resources.
Social.coop is is an experiment in user-controlled social media. It is a community hub for people interested in co-ops and development of free/libre social media - these define the common core field of discussion, though they are far from the only things discussed.
What distinguishes us from most other social media there is that we are both funded and governed by our members: we are a co-operative. The organisation and running of the site is accountable to its members, and not only will we not be monetising our users by selling their data to third parties, but they decide what we do.
Besides here at http://wiki.social.coop, you can find us at the following places:
- Our main Mastodon social media instance: https://social.coop
- Our groups on Loomio, a forum with decision-making tools for governance: https://www.loomio.org/socialcoop/ (sub-groups for various working groups and operations teams can be found there too).
- Our Meet.Coop BigBlueButton instance, for online meetings: https://socialcoop.meet.coop/
- Our GitLab code/documentation projects and issue trackers: https://git.coop/social.coop
- Our Matrix chat channel, for informal discussion and a rendezvous point when service outages occur:
- General (open): https://riot.im/app/#/room/#SocialCoop:matrix.org
- Tech Working Group (open): https://riot.im/app/#/room/#social.coop.tech:matrix.org
- Tech Working Group (private): https://riot.im/app/#/room/#tech.social.coop:matrix.org
- Our Open Collective page, where we raise funds: https://opencollective.com/socialcoop
For details on joining Social.coop, see the link in the navigation bar above.