Social.coop guide to Mastodon
All of us were new to Mastodon sometime! Back when we started Social.coop in 2017, Elon Musk wasn't in charge of Twitter, and the fediverse was a strange new world. Together, we've accumulated some experience with using this thing well, and we'd love to share it with you.
- Post an intro with the "#introduction" hashtag. We're a community; it's nice to say hi just like you would on an old-school listserv or forum. :smile:
- BTW, even if you were/are Twitter-famous, it's still nice to introduce yourself rather than expect that everybody knows who you are. Just saying. ;-)
- If you're still on Twitter, use https://debirdify.pruvisto.org/ or https://fedifinder.glitch.me/ to find folks you followed there. Put your Mastodon account in your bio; those tools look for it there.
- When you post a picture, be sure to add a description of it to help make our community as accessible as possible.
- Take it one step at a time. This is not Twitter. :) Acclimate to the culture & ask for help if you need it.
For more, check out:
- @Noelle@elekk.xyz's "An Increasingly Less-Brief Guide to Mastodon"
- @email@example.com's Fedi.tips