Welcome to Social.coop
Social.coop is a cooperative corner of the Fediverse.
We primarily operate a Mastodon server. Our members fund our operations and decide how to set our community policies, steward our data, and manage our shared technologies. Members also provide the labor to run Social.coop at all levels.
If you are interested in joining Social.coop, please refer to our registration form.
Social.coop was founded in 2017 in the wake of the BuyTwitter campaign. Since then, we have worked toward the goal of placing ever more of our online social lives under good cooperative governance. To get a sense of how we operate, or to start your own fediverse cooperative, see our guide on "How to Make the Fediverse Your Own."
New to the Fediverse? Check out the Social.coop guide to Mastodon.
- Governance - How power flows, including processes and documents
- Operations - How we organize our activities
- Platforms - The online spaces we use and manage
- Tutorials - Guides for how to do things on Social.coop
- Meta - Wiki pages about the wiki!
About this wiki
This wiki is maintained by Social.coop's working groups and ops teams. Members are welcome to make an account and contribute. Please register with the same username you use on Social.coop.
TODOs for this wiki
- Migrate Tech Working Group content
- Enable multi-theme support so it renders in an accessible way on mobile
- Document setup steps in the wiki proper, currently these are at https://anagora.org/wiki-migration
- Test coop-cloud-based backups/restores